Fri, Oct 27|
Reiki I/Shoden Class - October
An 8-hour in-person Reiki certification class in the Japanese form of Reiki the “Usui Reiki Ryoho”.
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2023, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
JCC-Chicago, 2940 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60657, USA
About the event
REIKI LEVEL I - SHODEN
An 8-hour Reiki certification class in the Japanese form of Reiki the "Usui Reiki Ryoho".
4 Fridays: Octo 27, Nov 3, 19 and 17 from 12 PM – 2 PM - in-person
Reiki is a spiritual healing method that promotes balance, wellbeing, and personal growth. Developed in Japan in the 1920s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different forms. Its original name “shinshin kaizen Usui Reiki Ryoho” translates to “Usui Healing Method for improving body and mind”.
This class is a 4-week/sessions training in the traditional Japanese practice of Reiki. Attendance to the entire program is required to certify.
In this class, you will learn the practice of Reiki for yourself and others. This training has a strong focus on self-care which will enable you to create the foundation of a solid personal practice that supports you in your life. It is suitable for beginners as well as more advanced practitioners interested in the traditional Japanese way of Reiki. All are welcome. There is no prerequisite.
BENEFITS OF THIS CLASS
- Learn to relax, meditate and cultivate balance, wellbeing, and compassion in life
- Live with greater ease, clarity, joy, and equanimity
- Empower yourself and others
- Start a self-care practice and as well as care for others
- Learn to respond rather than react to stress, anger, and worry
- Connect deeply with the essence of who we are as human beings and what it means to live fully
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Reiki history, its origins, and evolution
- What is Reiki and how to practice
- The 5 foundational elements of the system of Reiki
- How the Japanese energetic system works
- Breathing meditations to clear your energy and strengthen your mind-body connection
- How to perform hands-on healing for ourselves and others
- The 5 Reiki precepts as life-guiding principles to live life in balance and harmony
- Receive 4 Reiju or spiritual blessings
WHAT THIS TRAINING OFFERS
- 8-hour training in the traditional Japanese art of Reiki, the “Usui Reiki Ryoho”
- Tools and practices that will remain available to you throughout your lifetime
- Lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and practice time
- Manual and certificate of completion
- Official training that follows the International House of Reiki standards of practice
- Class led by an experienced Reiki teacher, trained in the US and Japan, and direct student of world-renowned teacher Frans Stiene
- Ongoing teacher support and access to the International House of Reiki/Ki Campus/Community
TO MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TRAINING:
- Commitment to practice is key
- Attendance to the 4 sessions (8 hours) is required to receive a certificate of completion
- Additional reading: The Japanese Art of Reiki" by Frans Stiene and Bronwen Logan (Stiene)
- Makeups may be scheduled at the discretion of the teacher
- Thank you for being on time
"This class was a blessing. Veronique is knowledgeable, insightful, and has a very pleasant energy. The four-week course was well rounded and allowed me to fully appreciate the information between classes. The student portal has also been a valuable resource in my continued practice. Although there will always be much more to learn I feel this class was truly a pivotal point in my spiritual journey. I look forward to my Level 2 training." - Alexandra
“This class was exactly what I needed, and something I was looking forward to every week. Veronique’s style of teaching and sharing is loving, knowledgeable, and accessible. Reiki taught me about “holding space” and the importance of moment-by-moment presence and awareness. By the end of Level I I felt confident in practicing on myself, friends and family. I highly recommend it. Moreover, the environment at the Japanese Institute is calm, clean, and serene, perfect for learning.” – Laura B.
For any questions about the training, please contact the Reiki instructor, Veronique Frede at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com