*** Please make sure this class is scheduled before purchasing it.
Is it time to invite mindfulness into your life? Feel more present, aware, connected, and alive?
Mindfulness is the cultivation of non-judgmental awareness in which each thought, feeling, and sensation that arises is acknowledged and accepted just as it is. This kind and steady attention is often radically different from the way we tend to function in the world but is key to well-being and happiness in life. Mindfulness transforms how we relate to events and experiences, with ourselves, others, and the world around us. It creates a more spacious way of being in the world, that is wise and kind, less reactive. That spacious awareness allows us to look deeper into the nature of phenomena and the reality of what we are and to remember our true nature.
This is a 4-week mindfulness meditation program that will explore:
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness of body and breath
Mindfulness of emotions
Mindfulness of thoughts
Each session builds on the other. It includes a check-in, a talk, guided practice, and time for Q&A.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Skills to improve moment-to-moment attention
- The importance of taking a pause
- Ways of inquiring into what is happening in body, heart and mind
- How to meet the moment with greater presence and clarity to make conscious choices
- Build a capacity to cope with challenging situations
- Cultivate kindness, compassion, and well-being
- Skillful ways to live a more conscious and meaningful life
- Cultivate a sense of curiosity about life, the universe, and the human experience
Daily home practice assignments will be offered via email and encouraged.
CULTIVATING MINDFULNESS CAN LEAD TO:
- Freedom from stress and anxiety, worry and anger
- Decreased reactivity - increased resilience
- Become more conscious, focused, and diligent
- Relaxing into who we are as a human being
- Experience a greater sense of aliveness, connection, and appreciation for life
- Gain a deeper understanding of life, the nature of reality, and our true self
WHO CAN JOIN?
Anyone with a curiosity about mindfulness. Suitable for beginners with little or no experience and those who would like to jump-start their meditation practice.
Please note, Mindfulness meditation, education, training and practices are not substitutes for medical or mental health treatment. Participants who are working with a health professional are encouraged to consult with them about the advisability of incorporating mindfulness practices before class as well as appropriate modifications relevant to their unique circumstances. Participants are encouraged to also reach out privately to the teacher with any questions.
PREPARATION FOR ONLINE/ZOOM PRACTICE:
Make sure you are in a quiet and comfortable place at the time of the practice.
We recommend you download the Zoom app on your laptop, desktop, or phone.
Please test your audio/video in advance.
You can practice seated on a chair.
Plan for an hour session.
Have some water available to drink.
For any questions, please contact Veronique at email@example.com
About the teacher:
Veronique has been practicing various traditional forms of meditation for 15 years in Europe, Japan, and the US. These mainly include Zen, Insight, Mantra, and Mindfulness meditation practices. Veronique is a certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher (MMTCP) with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield from UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center. Veronique also completed the Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness program (TSM) with David Treleaven. Aside from meditation, Veronique teaches Usui Reiki Ryoho at the Japanese Culture Center in Chicago and Yogaview in Wilmette. For more information, please visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com
top of page
bottom of page