Mon, Nov 01|
Reiki I Shoden Class
An 8-hour certification training in the traditional Japanese approach to Reiki called “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. It combines lecture, discussion, demonstration, and practice time.
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2021, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
Wilmette, 1231 Green Bay Rd, Wilmette, IL 60091, USA
About the event
Class Dates: Fridays November 1, 8, 15, 22 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM. Participants need to attend all sessions to certify.
About this class:
Reiki is a Japanese healing method that promotes overall balance, well-being and personal development. Developed in Japan in the 1920’s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different ways. Its original name “Shin Shin Kaizen Usui Ryoho” translates as “the Usui Healing Method for Improving Body, Mind and Heart”.
In this class, you will learn the practice of Reiki for yourself and others. It will also help you start creating your own personal practice to bring more balance at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels, and live a life with greater presence, compassion and ease.
The class is an 8-hour certification training in the traditional Japanese approach to Reiki called “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. It combines lecture, discussion, demonstration, and practice time. A manual and a certificate of completion are included. To certify, participants must attend the entire training (5 Fridays). Classes will start on time and make-ups will be organized at the discretion of the teacher. Please contact the teacher for any questions you may have about the class schedule.
- The history of Reiki, its origins and evolution
- What Reiki is and how to practice it
- The 5 foundational elements of the system of Reiki
- How the Japanese energy system works
- How to perform hands on healing for yourself and others
- Breathing meditations to strengthen and clear your energy
- The 5 precepts as guiding principles to live life in balance and harmony
- Reiju or spiritual blessings
Main Benefits for taking this class:
- Learn to relax
- Start to heal yourself and others on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels
- Connect more deeply with your own true nature
- Learn to live mindfully and heartfully
- Empower yourself and those around you
- Enhance your life through greater clarity and meaning
- Get an understanding of energy work and its benefits
- Learn tools and practices that will be available to you at any time during your life
- Become part of the Reiki community
On-going teacher/community support and follow-up class/practice are offered to those interested in deepening their experience with Reiki and integrating the practice further into their life.
For any questions, please contact the instructor via email at email@example.com or visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com