Fri, Oct 01|
Japanese Culture Center
Reiki Level I Shoden
10- hours training in the Japanese style of Reiki: "Usui Reiki Ryoho". This meets 5 Fridays from 12-2p on October 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29.
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2021, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Japanese Culture Center, 1016 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60657, USA
About the event
10-hour certification training in traditional Japanese Reiki: “Usui Reiki Ryoho”
Class Dates: 5 Fridays October 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 at the JCC from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Participants need to attend all sessions to certify.
About this class:
Reiki is a Japanese healing method that promotes overall balance, well-being, and personal development. Developed in Japan in the 1920s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different ways. Its original name “Shin Shin Kaizen Usui Ryoho” translates as “the Usui Healing Method for Improving Body, Mind and Heart”.
In this class, you will learn the practice of Reiki for yourself and others. It will also help you start creating your own personal practice to bring more balance at the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels, and live a life with greater presence, compassion and ease.
The class is an 10-hour certification training in the traditional Japanese approach to Reiki called “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. It combines lecture, discussion, demonstration, and practice time. A manual and a certificate are included. No prerequisite, just an open heart, and mind. In this class you will learn:
- The history of Reiki, its origins and evolution
- What Reiki is and how to practice it
- The 5 foundational elements of the system of Reiki
- How the Japanese energy system works
- How to perform hands-on healing for yourself and others
- Breathing meditations to strengthen and clear your energy
- The 5 precepts as guiding principles to live life in balance and harmony
- Reiju or spiritual blessings
Main Benefits for taking this class:
- Learn to relax
- Start to heal yourself and others on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels
- Connect more deeply with your own true nature
- Learn to live mindfully and heartfully
- Empower yourself and those around you
- Enhance your life through greater clarity and meaning
- Get an understanding of energy work and its benefits
- Learn tools and practices that will be available to you at any time during your life
- Become part of the Reiki community
On-going teacher/community support and follow-up class/practice are offered to those interested in deepening their experience with Reiki and integrating the practice further into their life.
For any questions, please contact the instructor via email at email@example.com or visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com